Hello, everyone! Here’s a few things that have been going on and/or rolling around in my head.
- We’ve become THOSE parents. Yesterday, Lintilla and I synchronized our calendars. It’s become quite a juggling act.
- Trillian’s first volleyball game is tonight. It would have been this past Saturday, but they had to cancel it because the parents were all out of gas, and the game was in Gallatin.
- Zaphod has the beginning work on his teeth done this afternoon. Hopefully, he’ll have as good an attitude as Trillian did.
- Even if this football season ends up the same as 1984 for Vanderbilt (it won’t, IMHO), I think it’s time that we all admit that Vandy’s doing just fine without an official athletic department. Certainly, better than that multimillion dollar monstrosity to the east. Heh.
- I want my bailout.
- Pray for my mom, those of you who pray. She’s facing a major surgery, and I fear she’s going to try to put it off because she won’t qualify for Medicare for another year and a half. Heart disease runs heavily on her side of the family, and the doctors are very, very concerned. She (rightfully) would rather have the surgery done here in Nashville if she has it done, because we have several hospitals that are well known for their cardiovascular expertise. No offense to the doctors in NW Florida. Plus, Marvin and I and our families are up here and can help with my dad and Scott. I just pray she makes the right decision, in time.
- The Titans are just plain fun to watch this year, even if their number 1 QB is a headcase.
- She won’t make it very long, but Cloris Leachman is a breath of fresh air on DWTS.
- This Saturday is a big day. I’m part of an ordination council for my good friend Mark Mills. I have to giggle at the thought of ME being part of a council that judges someone’s fitness for ministry, but I will do it for the sake of my friend. Should be interesting, to say the least.
- That evening (Saturday), New Beginnings Church is holding another coffeehouse, and this one will be quite a doozie. Not only will X-Alt be there, but we also have the return of the Sounds of Life. Also appearing Bobby Marquez (videos on CMT and GAC), Gerald Smith (Two #1 country singles – writer for Lorrie Morgan, Collin Raye, George Strait, George Jones), and Nate Shapley and the Mighty Humbles. X-Alt will have a secret sneak-peek EP on hand of some our our newly recorded material! The evening will be hosted by Channel 4’s Jennifer Herron. So, please consider joining us at 7700 George E Horn Road in Bellevue this Saturday at 6:30 pm!
- I will be very,very glad when the presidential election is over. Some of you are making fools of yourselves. I refuse to say anything specific about the election, but I will say this: your neighbor is neither stupid nor evil. He just disagrees with you. Some of you are just too entirely dug in, and you are making yourselves look like jackasses. Can you bring yourself to criticize something about your side, or praise the other side? If not, you need to take a step back.
- Did I mention how overbooked I am?