- It’s funny sometimes, the things we use to mark the passage of time. I receive exactly two sunburns a year. I ALWAYS burn at the first Titans home game, and I always, always,always get my first sunburn of the year at the Bellevue Picnic. You’d think one day I’d learn to use sunscreen on those two days.
- We played at West Nashville Baptist church yesterday, and it was quite a blessing. This was the first time we have done an altar call where someone answered the call. Having been a Methodist for six years , but having been a Baptist in my youth, I had forgotten just how emotional a moment like that can be. I had a hard time playing, with tears welling up in my eyes, seeing a young man “come to the Lord”, as we used to say.
- I really like the pastor. He spoke of an evangelical and charismatic movement within mainline churches, and he used the term Pentebaptist to describe himself, and Methocostals to describe the members of X-Alt. I like it. I am proud to call myself a Methocostal. It describes my beliefs perfectly.
- Luke 21:1-4
As he looked up, Jesus saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury. He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins.”I tell you the truth,” he said, “this poor widow has put in more than all the others. All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on.” – I’ve understood this verse for years, but I’ve really never felt it before, until yesterday. I don’t know how much more I can say, except that I’m in awe and that some gifts are very hard to accept.
- I got lost finding the church yesterday, and in my wandering around I discovered something shocking: there are parts of The Nations that are being gentrified. The NATIONS! What’s next? Woodbine? Could be. It didn’t seem so long ago, I couldn’t go into Sylvan Park after dark, for fear of crime. Now, i can’t go into Sylvan Park after dark because I might get pulled over for disturbing the trendy rich people. Life is strange, if you live it long enough.
- Susie had a little mishap with her car yesterday. I know it was upsetting, and I’m sorry for the damage to her car. BUT, I am grateful that it was only a replaceable window that was lost, and not my dear friend and singing partner.
- To all you young people: getting old sucks. Beats the alternative, but it sucks nonetheless. During the load-out yesterday, I must have pulled something in my back, overcompensating for my tailbone injury. Now, I hurt from my back all the way down to my backside. Drugs. More drugs.
- I am REALLY looking forward to seeing my parents and brother this weekend. It’s a long drive, (and we’re making two round trips in two weeks), but it will be worth it to see family, and to allow my kids to have their first little taste of independence, and grand-parental spoiling.
- Boy, what a difference new tires make on a Chrysler Town and Country!
- The weekend is too short.